2020 New Years Resolutions


.....And just like that another year has come and gone.... so crazy how fast it goes! Reflecting on the past year I believe it has been one of great growth for me. This growth hasn't been visible to anyone but myself and those closest to me, because it has largely been internal growth. In the past year I was launched into the professional world, exposed to all kinds of work out of my comfort zone. This has been an environment that I have thrived in and grown to love, and has given me a tremendous increase in strength and confidence. 

Although this year involved a large amount of growth I dealt with a pretty large amount of anxiety. But I think that for the first time I really confronted the anxiety, gave into it, and tried to ask "what is this trying to tell me?" Striving to come from a place of curiosity rather than fear. I've come out on the other side of this year stronger than I have ever been, and with the least amount of anxiety I've had in a long time. 

So, what are my goals for the coming year? 



Carve Out Quality Time With The People I Love


Having been in the "real world" for a while now, one of the most important things I've learned is that staying busy outside of work is key. What better way to do that then spend the time doing activities with the people you like best :) This past year I did pretty well at this, but in 2020 I want to continue to do so.



Take Time Away From My Phone


This year I want to make an active effort to put down my phone and really be in the moment. I love photography and feel that it is truly an artistic expression for me, but in those special moments being truly present is more important. Setting time each week to stay off of social media and keep my phone for emergencies only is probably what I will try to move to. 



Improve my Networking Skills 


In the last year I've had the amazing opportunity to attend three different conferences, and this will continue into 2020. Through these events I've seen the power that forming connections and networking can have and it is a skill that I have been working on. I love talking to people, hearing their story and how it fits into the professional realm that I am involved in. In 2020, I want to hone my ability to listen actively, understand peoples' needs, and make meaningful connections.



Cook More!


This year was my mastering baking year! I made a ton of recipes (one every week) during the fall. By the end of November, Brett and I were all baked out lol! This year I want to start cooking more! I find that a lot of times I will head to work with a protein bar and some carrots, missing out on a lot of the key nutrients I should be getting. (Once I get done with law apps cooking might be a little easier) 



Try a New Kind of Workout 


I'll be honest, this year has not been my best year for working out. I did work out a lot, but the variation in workouts was pitiful. I didn't feel that my heart was really in it. Pretty understandable given the 40 hour work week plus LSAT studying, but in this new year, after I get done with apps I would like to concentrate on challenging myself in my workouts a bit more. 


Well there you have it! I don't believe in making too many resolutions as it can be a bit overwhelming, one step at a time. 


xx, 


Seff


Comments